It is unlawful to tamper with any of the utility fixtures that service your property. Water meters, chambers and antennae are the property of Provo Water Company. Tampering incurs a fine of $500.
Examples of a tampering violation:
- Damaging or attempting to remove antennae
- Water usage without applying for service
- Turning water services on without authorization from PWC
- Installation of an unauthorized meter
- Installing any foreign apparatus to attempt to stop or alter the metering of water
- Removing or modifying any of the utility’s fixtures such as a meter or meter lock
Please note that tampering with the antennae will not stop your water meter from logging your usage.